August 29, 2009

Journaling vs. Pictures

Journaling has always been my biggest challenge in scrapbooking - in most of my pages I don’t do any but as of late in looking back at some old books I’ve enjoyed reading any type of journaling from full on writing to a little quote. That got me thinking.. I needed to implement more journaling into my scrap booking. However, I seem to get stuck with how to journal, what to say + most importantly how to make it all fun to create and fun for the reader - later.

In order to get my mind thinking journaling I wanted to use the journaling itself as my inspiration vs. pictures like I normally would.

That’s how my “book of quotes” came into being.

This has been my constant project over the past couple weeks while looking through magazines and searching online for journaling inspiration.

The criteria for the book was: 9X9 pages, the colors had to be in keeping with the colors of my scrapbook room (black, white, grey, silver and pops of green), and the most important thing would be the quote itself that would inspire me to create a layout accordingly.

All quotes have the words: Create, Art or Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment